Sunday, November 7, 2010

To everything there is a season

Lately, I have been feeling the change of the seasons. Things are starting to slow down, get quieter, the days are getting shorter.  There is a change in the light and the way it looks outside.
I adore this time of year.

This and spring. Spring is an opening, a birth, a beginning and this is the ending, a slow down, a harvest and clean up time. A time to take stock of all that has passed, a time to put things up for the season, a time to change the clothes I wear or dress in layers. It is very subtle this change here where I live, a little harder to see.
I feel myself start to go inward and think about the past season. I slow down to experience the change.
I notice the sun setting earlier every day. I feel the chill in the air some days. The fluffy clouds, the clear blue skies, the birds changing directions.  It is very subtle.
If I spend all of my time indoors and never go outside, I tend to get slammed with this time of year more than if I notice.
If I notice I do not seem to get as depressed, it is the change of the season, the time to slow down, the time to go inward, the time to reflect.
The sun rises later in the morning and I want to stay in bed and sleep.
It is the thankful month the time of change, thankfulness, and harvest.
A time to eat more apples, corn, and potatoes. Soup  and casseroles.
Squash of all kinds and nuts, seeds, and root vegetables.
I am thankful for my life and the change of the seasons. I honor the changes in me as I live with the world turning.
I am gentle with myself in these changes.
There is magic all around me. I just have to get out of the way. I watch and listen.

To everything there is a season, and


a time to every purpose under heaven:



A time to be born, and

a time to die;

a time to plant, and

a time to pluck up

that which is planted;



A time to kill, and

a time to heal;

a time to break down, and

a time to build up;



A time to weep, and

a time to laugh;

a time to mourn, and

a time to dance;



A time to cast away stones, and

a time to gather stones together;

a time to embrace, and

a time to refrain from embracing;



A time to get, and

a time to lose;

a time to keep, and

a time to cast away;



A time to rend, and

a time to sew;

a time to keep silence, and

a time to speak;



A time to love, and

a time to hate;

a time of war; and

a time of peace.

24 comments:

  1. All I can say is that was beautiful Marie!!!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marie!!! **swoons** This is SOOooOOooOO beautiful! Oh L♥ve! Yes, yes, honor the changes in ourselves. Excellent. So very sorry I have not been around faithfully. I have missed you. I have been a bad bloggyer. Love both of these pieces. Yes yes yes to the Magic!!! **blows kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, that's lovely. I read that in church at my Pop's Requiem Mass a couple of years ago...it's very moving and tells it like it is...a life fully lived. Your clay creations, as always, are wonderful!!

    xxoo,
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing those lovely words - and you always inspire me to notice the little things in life!!! Big hugs and love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You art pieces are wonderful, your thoughts and mine about changes in seasons are similar and of course the quote is so appropriate. The Olde Bagg

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post, Marie. It was inspiring and accompanied by such wonderful art. Both pieces are lovely. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie, that was so beautiful! I love that passage in Ecclesiastes!
    I just love my pin. I have worn it nearly every day this Fall. It is fun to see it posted again!
    Hope you are well. Keep taking time to notice! :-)
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so wonderful and in fact exactly what I needed to read this Monday morning. I am thankful for this. It seems I received a few unexpected messages this morning when I was feeling kind of down and now I have been turned around. You writings brought it home as to what I should be doing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turn, turn, turn.

    Marie, this was just lovely. You make the fire my my hearth glow brighter. Beautiful pieces, too. I love the little acorns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Julia. You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Deb. No worries I have been busy too and I think everyone is going through the same thing.
    The world is turning fast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful words to read for your dad and the people there to remember his life.
    Very moving.
    I love this passage and I adore the song!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Lone. I feel that about you!
    And you always help me look at the bright side too!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post and it is so true. I have always dreaded the fall/winter but I am finally in a warm house and I am looking forward to a season of contemplation and creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you sooooooooo much Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that passage too Debbi.
    And the song too.
    I forgot that that was your pin. Isn't wonderful that the passage and that pin work so well together???
    So glad to *see* you again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Bella.

    Isn't that one of the best classics ever?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Shaiha. I wish you the best contemplative and creative year ever.
    Blessings all over you!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net