Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Angel maker!

Shelley's Phoenix BOH
Sorry about yesterday and not posting in the morning. I went to my friend Jodi's over the weekend after clay day and on Saturday I made things from 10am to 2 am the next day. I got up on Sunday and did it from 9am to 9 pm.
I was exhausted Sunday when I got home and just couldn't bring my self to do another thing after a massive making weekend. I adored it, every moment of it.

Clay day we had so much fun and made Bottles of Hope for Moore's Cancer center at UCSD again.
We made over 80 bottles for the center.
I have pictures too!
Everyone there, thank you so much for working and playing so hard, ya all did so good!!
Jodi and I Paper play
Then I left there and went to my friend Jodi's to craft some more.
I was doing some paper arts with her and making a couple of things, I will have more on these two things later.

Right now I want to introduce you to an artist I admire and respect so much, Susan Hyde.
Susan has just opened a Etsy store.
In my opinion Susan makes some of the most artful and heartfelt angels I have ever seen.
Go visit her and heart her. Her clay "fabrics" that she dresses her angels in are not painted and her techniques in polymer fabric making are beyond compare.
We all know how hard it is to get started on something new in life and it is always nice to have a hand up.
Welcome her to Etsy and see some beautiful angels made by a beautiful woman and friend!
I have had the complete pleasure of working with Susan and I have several of Susan's pieces and the work and detail is meticulous.
Welcome to Etsy, Susan, may you make many contacts and sales.

Looks like this is turning out to be an angel kind of week. I think I will follow, I could use some angels.

If you would like to participate in the 17th giveaway, there is a picture and a link on the right top side bar.
Comment and you could win an angel.

9 comments:

  1. Do you ever sleep Marie? Sounds like you had a busy but fun few days. Can't wait to see your pictures. Love Susan's angels! Hearted her shop. Take care of yourself Marie.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy girl, Marie!! I wanted to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Marie! I'm so happy you enjoyed your day of creating! Thanks for sharing Susan's talents with us. I will check out her etsy shop. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, gracias por el enlace.
    Tu amiga hace verdaderas maravillas.
    Me ha encantado el corazon.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing...the angel is very pretty and colorful. Sending prayers to Michelle and Stellan and love your victorian angels. But most importantly I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. Hope I didn't miss it already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathe!!! OOooo I do hope you remembered to take the turkey out of the freezer! Stopping by to wish you the Happiest of Thanksgivings. All my love to you, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a tremendous weekend! I would love one of those. Squeal -- paper art! And goodness, the phoenix and angel are amazing!

    Hope you have a fabulous and warm and yummy Thanksgiving, dearest Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's so great when passion takes the wheel. and your case, passion and COMpassion.

    you are something else, marie. way to go.

    happy happy thanksgiving dear marie.


    kj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marie, thanks for your heads up about my Etsy store! I actually just sold that angel pin you posted! Woo-hoo! I'm so glad to see your website and that you are claying away! Hope to see you again one of these times.... I absolutely love what you do.

    Susan Hyde

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net